Erste Seite Zurück Weiter Letzte Seite Übersicht Grafik
What is Navigation Behavior? (2)
Navigation Behavior Questions to be asked:
- Which hyperlinks are followed?
- How are hyperlinks followed?
- If user can choose: which modes?
- Replace current document with hyperlink target
- Show hyperlink target in new window
- Add content of hyperlink target where the hyperlink source was
- Only forwards or back and forth?
- How much time is spent in a particular area?
- Is the same area visited multiple times / regularly?
If a certain mode is provided and not used, either it does not make sense at that particular place (which may be useful information for authors), or if such features are never used it does not make sense at all.
If users use the "back" button a lot, this may indicate that bi-directional links would be helpful. However, clicking a "back" button is much easier than finding the relevant link!
The time spent in a particular area may provide information on how "interesting" or how "hard to understand" such an area is.
If the area is visited multiple times / regularly, this may indicate a good quality of the area.